Favorite moments in Corrs songs|
OK, I'll try to get something going. Actually, I've been wanting to post about this for a while but didn't have time to write it up earlier.
What are some of your favorite moments in Corrs songs? Not necessarily your favorite songs, but favorite moments in a song. Here are some of mine; I hope others will post some as well and help me notice interesting parts of songs that I might have missed.
- In Queen of Hollywood, in the middle of the song, after Andrea sings "But if she saw behind the curtains/It could only make her cry", when Sharon's plaintive violin comes in. A beautiful and haunting melody.
- In the version from Live in Geneva, the beginning of Angel, before the vocals come in, with just the two guitars. So quiet and meditative.
- In the same song, I love how Andrea sings "she was beautiful... so beautiful", with the pause between the two lines as if she were remembering her mother.
- In Closer, the interlude that occurs after each chorus (where Sharon plays the piano solo in the Lansdowne Road concert). An unexpected chord progression; I still find it surprising every time I hear it.
- In Would You Be Happier, at the beginning of the second verse, when most of the instruments drop out except for the piano. I also like Sharon's backing vocals in this song.
- Speaking of backing vocals, all of Sharon's vocals in Breathless are great. I particularly like the line "Looove...fee-eee-eling" in the chorus.
- In Forgiven Not Forgotten, at the beginning of the second verse -- the point where the drums and guitars first come in. Love the tough and gutsy sound. The Corrs may be a pop band at heart, but they can rock, too.
- Near the end of the live versions from Geneva and Ischgl, Anto's short guitar solo in Goodbye after the sisters have left the stage.
- And probably my all-time favorite: in the reprise of So Young from Lansdowne Road, after Andrea has been bantering with the audience, when the guitars first come in (about 45 seconds in), and then the backing vocals and bass (about a minute in). Still gives me goosebumps when I hear it.
|(This message has been read 286 times.)|